Hiya. I got tagged by the lovely Ryane to do this tag and I really enjoyed reading hers and a few others because it is alway interesting to see beauty from other perspectives. So I’m gonna get started with writing this, I’m sorry if it’s long, I just really like to ramble.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item? My memory isn’t very well and to be honest I’m not sure what my first ever makeup item was. I do remember using Max Factor Masterpiece mascara around the age of 12/13 when I first started using makeup. I haven’t used this mascara in years and I don’t have a clue if it’s good or not. I think maybe I should buy it and try it out again just to see what I think of it.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? I’m quite picky when it comes to mascara and it’s one of few beauty products that I often do repurchases of. If I find something I like I tend to stick to it. I do really love Benefit Roller lash, although sometimes I don’t think it gives enough volume so I’ll add a coat of Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. I don’t really like the BTS on it’s own but on top of a mascara like Roller lash or the Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long-Wear mascara it’s amazing. But I don’t think I’ve found my perfect mascara yet.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation? If I would go after how my skin looks I would say full coverage but I usually feel really cakey with heavy coverage so I usually go for a light to medium one. Preferably a light coverage liquid foundation to then set with Mac Studio Fix powder that has really good coverage. My perfect skin base.
4. Favorite high-end brand? I think I have to agree with Ryane and say Urban Decay here. I can not live without their primer potion and during spring and summer their setting spray is a must. I also really love the quality of their eyeshadows and overall really good standard on all of their products.
5. Favorite drugstore brand? I’m not sure about this one, but I think I’d have to say Rimmel. I don’t really buy that much drugstore makeup anymore, but Rimmel has great quality for it being so affordable. I really like the stay matte powder, their lipliners and also I recently bought Rimmel Kate Moss 107 lipstick and it’s gorgeous.
6. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Powder. If I’m wearing makeup it’s a must to bring a powder when I leave the house. I hate looking shiny. Usually I bring with me my Mac Studio fix, which not only mattes you down it also give you a touch up on your coverage.
7. What is your most cherished beauty product? My Mac Studio Fix is definitely one of my absolute favourite products, but I also have to mention my Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream. It is expensive as hell but it is such a good product. It has really saved my dry and sensitive skin around my eyes and I’m so happy I have it in my life.
8. How often do you shop for makeup? Every now and again, I don’t have a limit but I also try not to do to many impulse purchases. I like to do a bit of research on products I buy, just to see what other people think about it.
9. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely? Well, I’m not a millionaire so obviously I have some sort of limit but I don’t have a set budget.
10. What type of product do you buy the most of? Oh I don’t know really, probably eye products. Shadows, liners, mascara (if that counts). I recently filled my own Mac-palette, and I’m already craving more Mac eyeshadows, I think I might start another one. The one I have filled now is quite neutral, so I might start one that has more colours.
11. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates? I have sensitive skin so I probably should, but I never really look at the list of ingrediens. I usually just buy it and then I’ll find out if it works with my skin or not, probably not the most brilliant way to go through life.
12. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup? Not really no, I have certain brands that I usually go for so whatever place has those brands. Mac is usually always on top of the list if I’m looking for something, I just know that I will find something that I like and want from there.
13. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I currently have a routine that I really like so I don’t really have any plans on changing it up anytime soon. However I really like trying new products from Lush so every now and again I will incorporate something new from there into my routine.
14. Favorite bath and body brand? As mentioned above and in other posts, it’s 100% Lush. It just feels like you can’t go wrong with Lush, you know that their products is filled with good stuff and they are very kind to your body, scalp and skin. I also always feel so happy when I’m in a Lush shop because the staff are always very welcoming and helping, so you know that you are in good hands. I can honestly not say enough good things about Lush, I love that brand with all of my heart.
15. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains? I’ve only ever tried one, the Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks from Bobbi Brown. That one is actually alright on both the cheeks and the lips, but since I don’t have much experience with multifunctional products I don’t really have an opinion.
16. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Usually not, I like to take my time when I do my makeup since it is something I really enjoy doing and find quite relaxing. I think it’s just important to pick your makeup look after how much time you have doing it.
17. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes? Yes definitely. I have actually sort of been to one, a private one at Bobbi Brown. It was a step by step everyday look sort of thing that lasted for about one and a half hour. Then I’ve also been to a shorter one where the only focus was eye makup, that was also at Bobbi Brown. But in the future I really want to go to a proper course.
18. What do you love about makeup? I love that it’s something for myself, like I can spend hours at my vanity table just painting on my face and enjoying every minute of it. It also has a very calming effect on me, to either do my own makeup or perhaps watch makeup videos on youtube. It’s also great how creative makeup can be and how it completely can transform someone to almost anything.
19. Dramatic or Natural Makeup look? Natural makeup with a twist. Or well, I sometime think natural makeup can be a tiny bit boring. So I’m sometimes a “rebel” who goes for both dark eyeshadow and dark lips, edgy, I know. Haha..
20. Worst makeup-related habit? Too much powder I think. It comes with my fear of looking shiny, so I’m usually always one step ahead and apply powder before I even need it, and then at the end of the day I look cakey instead.
Congratulations, you’ve made it through. Gold star for you.
I’m gonna tag a few others to do this, know that you don’t have to do this but I think it would be interesting to see what you would answer to these questions.
Zoe – http://coffeewithzoe.me
Arielle – http://withallmyaffection.com